The Bad News

ILEENKM@AOL.COM ILEENKM@AOL.COM
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 09:44:32 EST

Mr. Silverman- you make some interesting points-  certainly the technology is
 becoming available  whereby  the  average piano owner  could  conceivably
learn to tune his/her  own piano- I think you give very  short shrift,
however,  to the  very difficult  and time consuming task of  learning
hammer control.  Even putting that aside and assuming  that  has been
achieved,  I can  only  believe that  the average person  has  so many things
 going on, as I do, that  they would be more than happy to pay a professional
to do the job-  I  know how to change the oil in my car-  it would save me  a
fair amount of money per year to do it myself-  but I would rather  pay
someone to do it.  And I  wouldn't really even  begin to compare the  two
jobs in terms of  the time energy and focus it takes  do them.  Just   some
thoughts on the matter. Sincerely, Ileen Kaplan