Micrometers

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 11:43:43 -0800

I would like to recommend the Mitutoya Dial micrometer. As it's spring =
loaded, it is excellant for sizing cloth, etc. Also, it is very easy to =
use when sizing wire, center pins, etc. It's only failing is, that it's =
very fragile! If you drop it, it's toast! It comes with a lanyard, which =
I ALWAYS use, wrapped around my wrist. (I've broken 3 of them!) The cost =
is around $100.00 and is available from most Machinery Supply Stores. =
(Locally, it's available from Hall Tool, Portland OR) It's one of those =
tools that I use a lot.
I also use a digital caliper, from the same company, that I find very =
useful in the shop.
Regards,=20
Joe Garrett