The Bad News, etc.

Carol R. Beigel crbrpt@bellatlantic.net
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 19:11:23 -0500

My most loyal customers are those who have tried to tune their own pianos.
It also took me six hours the first time I tuned a piano, and I was using a
Conn Strobotuner.  Even today, using Cybertuner alone without one's ears,
would be like the difference between a paint-by-number picture versus the
real artist's original (to coin a phrase from Mike Travis).  You will never
be able to duplicate the sound of art just like the best-sampled digital
pianos will never sound like an accoustical piano.

However, I did find the following insteresting:

>Taking it a step further, I believe there might be a day when such
>technology will be sold as part of the piano.   I'm surprised they're
>not embedded in the "disk" systems now.  High enders will probably have
>some nifty little place to store the matching-finish hammers.

>Cliff Lesher, RPT
>Lewisburg, PA

When I spoke to the Pianodisc/MasonHamlim folks at the convention, they were
considering using TuneLab to do that very same thing - include the tuning
with the piano!  I can see where that may have its uses.

Carol Beigel
Greenbelt, Maryland
extremely grateful for the inventors fo the "aircast"!