Rebuilding Candidate

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 09:11:09 EST

In a message dated 3/18/01 6:32:08 PM Central Standard Time,
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

> I'm just curious Willem, exactly what would your figure of $8000 include.
> Would you be so kind to break that down? Below is about how I see it. How
> does that look to you? Would you change any of the figures?
>
> pin block - $700
>
> strings - $1700
>
> recap bridges - $800
>
> shim and refinish soundboard - $700
>
> hammers, shanks and flanges - $1500
>
> regulation - $500
>
> etc. - clean up wips, key bushings, backchecks, key tops, dampers, back
> action, lyre - $2100
>
> TOTAL - $8,000
>
> Terry Farrell

These are my figures.
New hammers, shanks, flanges   1715
restore wippens                         250
action regulation                         800
new keytops, sharps, bushings, back checks, 1193
new damper felts, regulation, rebuild lyre, rebush guide rail, 575
new pin block & strings  2130
repair and refinish soundboard, refinish plate 520
recap bridges, 550
total  8308
does not include moving.

Willem