Piano purchase

Paul tunenbww@clear.lakes.com
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 08:18:14 -0600

Yvonne
Thanks for the inquiry.
I have seen only one Petrof Grand and have never tuned or serviced them. =
I have seen many Baldwin Grands including the 7'. I suggest you talk to =
the technicians you intend to have service the piano after the purchase, =
because service will be your major concern after the sale.  Get their =
appraisal before the deal is done. Technicians view pianos from a =
different light than a sales person or musician. The technician(s) can =
usually spot conditions that a manufacturer/dealer needs to correct =
before you buy the piano, and be able to give you some insight as to =
what the piano will need after it is delivered. I understand that price =
can sometimes be a deciding factor, but a sweet deal will be a sour meal =
if the instrument is a lemon no matter whose name is on it.

Good Luck!

Paul Chick
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Yvonne Mendenhall=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, March 16, 2001 6:31 PM
  Subject: Piano purchase

  Hi:  I got your email address from the internet and also  read many of =
the letters on the internet.  My church is considering buying a 7ft. =
grand Baldwin.  However  the Petrof piano also came up for discussion.  =
Any comparisons you could give me would be appreciated to help make a =
decision,  Confidential please.
  =20
  Thanking you.
  =20