Customer doing the work. was The Bad News.

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 19:45:43 EST

In a message dated 3/19/01 10:51:01 AM Central Standard Time,
Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no writes:

> However when this kind of thing goes beyond working on a piano the person
> owns, to calling themselves a professional and taking professional
> embursment for services rendered... then I believe we are into a completey
> different problem area.  One that I personally believe represents a greater
> problem and a greater wrong then those few amoung our ranks that abuse
> whatever titles are presently available could possibly present.

Richard

What's the difference between a piano player using an Accutune to tune
pianos, and anyone else using the same, or a different ETD? There are many
"tooners" out there using what ever means they can who charge for their
services, when the service is far below what is considered competent. We
can't stop these people from doing what they are doing. The only thing the
PTG can is encourage these people to join the organization, and encourage
them to take classes in to improve their skills.

> >> So why discourage these people? If Mr. Widener can make a few bucks selling
>>
>> his ETD, and if the professor feels good about writing his dissertation on
>> the web, more power to them. Bring it on. We can use the extra work.
> I misread Dons first
> intent when he started this whole thing as well. He was actually more
> concerned
> about the use of the name Accu Tune... which was / is very very close to
> the
> SATs name. Grin... I wonder how many of us havent picked up yet that we are
> not

Don wrote me privately and expressed his concern about the use of the name
"ACCUTUNE". I had not thought about the fact that this might confuse some
people into thinking they are buying an Accutuner. I wonder the Sandersons
are in a position to file an injunction against this guy for name
infringement?

Willem