It Doesn't Matter

Tue, 20 Mar 2001 04:30:20 -0600

Yo! Leo,

>I'm trying very hard to restrain myself!! :-)
>Avery

Why?

>>If the PTG really wanted to put there Letters (RPT) where their mouth is,
>>they would let any tuner tune by any means possible.

Forgive me if I've missed something, but I've been a member since 1978 and
have never known the PTG to be able to stop anybody from doing anything
except using the logo.  <g>

>>   Believe it or not,  I know a person who tunes his own piano with a
>> self made hammer and golf tees
>>for mutes

-What length tees? What color?  Are they personalised with the tuner's name
or are they stolen from a local course?  Does the hammer still show the
Vise-Grip logo?

Inquiring minds want to know.

>>and I would bet that he would be able to tune circles around some
>>of you who have passed the tunning test.

That would be the circle of fifths?  I'm sure the local chapter wherever
you are would be happy to let your friend put your money where your mouth
is.  How large a bet??  A "tun" of money?

>>   To the PTG it is not the final result but more or less beloning to the
>> brotherhood.

There are a large number of excellent technicians who just happen to be
women who might take exception to this remark. (additional hint - use your
spell checker)

>>  In the real world it is the freaking final result.

Are we back to the future with freaks and pigs?  Or is the idea of a
"tuner" putting around just plain freaky?

>>And yes the man with the golf tee tunes for custormers in this fashion
>>and charges.

So named because they then cuss and storm around?

>>   And you know what, the customers keep calling him back.

To finish the job?

>>Leo

Not very respectfully,

Conrad (Scorpio)