Fw: It Doesn't Matter-YES IT DOES

Erwinpiano Erwinpiano@email.msn.com
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 07:28:41 -0800

  Hi Leo

 Forgive me but I hear bitterness and an ax to grind.  In my area in =
central calif there are any number of" tuners" who have grabbed whatever =
equipment available,hung out a shingle(or golf tee or whatever) and sell =
for the most part really lousy tunings and many of their clients call =
them back for a while till they figure it out(tsome however do not). =
Those of us who have spent enough time doing this and realize how =
difficult stable tunings are to accomplish have trouble taking your =
comments tooo seriously.
    From a professional  standpoint and an R.P.T. and I think I speak =
for others, that  your comments are insulting and I can not appreciate =
any more hacks bringing dispersion on a fine profession. Are you one of =
these?

Are you a guild member?

Dale Erwin
----- Original Message -----=20
From: LHSBAND440@AOL.COM=20
To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2001 5:47 PM
Subject: It Doesn't Matter

If the PTG really wanted to put there Letters (RPT) where their mouth =
is,=20
they would let any tuner tune by any means possible.  Believe it or not, =
 I=20
know a person who tunes his own piano with a self made hammer and golf =
tees=20
for mutes and I would bet that he would be able to tune circles around =
some=20
of you who have passed the tunning test.  To the PTG it is not the final =

result but more or less beloning to the brotherhood. In the real world =
it is=20
the freaking final result.  And yes the man with the golf tee tunes for=20
custormers in this fashion and charges.  And you know what, the =
customers=20
keep calling him back.=20

Leo   =20