ETD Unisons was something else

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 17:09:39 -0600

Hi Richard,

Using Reyburn Cyber Tuner one can measure the relative strength of a few
partials. It makes intuitive sense to me that the *loudest* partial should
be the *most* beat free. It would take a much longer time to do this than
to use *ears*

The other argument is that if you make the highest *possible to read*
partial beat free that the lower partials will be "inside" of it and will
be beat free.

Hard hammers require "narrower" or "more pure" unisons. Do unisons and then
voice out the remaining beating?

Oh Richard, *all sorts of worms* in this can.

At 09:24 PM 3/20/01 +0100, you wrote:
>We were getting into something interesting here that I wouldnt mind seeing
continued. I
>am wondering about different ETD users experience and preferences
concerning how to
>best use an ETD for aid in tuning unisons.

Regards,

mailto:drose@dlcwest.com
http://donrose.xoasis.com/

3004 Grant Rd.