Not everyone is welcome !

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 20:12:54 -0700

I don't know what to tell you Leo,,, when they voted to accept me, I had =
to leave the room. I've talked to some good technicians that were turned =
off by people in the Guild, but we're working to stop that. It should be =
"Principles before personalities" but, perhaps it's not quite all the =
way there yet.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: LHSBAND440@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2001 7:27 PM
  Subject: Not everyone is welcome !

  In a message dated 3/20/01 4:05:24 PM Eastern Standard Time, =
Billbrpt@AOL.COM=20
  writes:=20

    *Anyone* may join PTG.   =20

  This is incorrect I have a friend who was going to join the Pittsburgh =

  chapter of the PTG.  This chapter requires an interview and then they =
vote as=20
  to if they are going to accept you as an associate member.  They also =
give a=20
  written test to accept associate members.  He informed the me that =
they told=20
  him that after the test and the interview that they are asked to leave =
the=20
  meeting and not return until the are voted in or out.  =20