Sandwiched Soundboard was Rebuilding Candidate

Wed, 21 Mar 2001 09:21:54 +0100

Bdshull@AOL.COM wrote:

> Hi, Dale and Richard,
>
> Problem is, this piano is on its side "sandwiched" between other similarly
> gutted space robbers in my shop.  I can't get at it right now.

Would be neat to hear more about this when you do pull it out.

> Someone once suggested that the crown might be better.

Hmm I think I can imagine why one might think this... and perhaps it is so...
wouldnt the tendency to flatten or grow with climate changes for two
er...."reversed" compression crowned panels tend to cancel each other out ? On
paper anyways...

> But that is why I have held on to it lo these many years - it is pretty
> interesting (besides, I haven't built any trebechut (sp?) yet).
>
> Bill Shull,  RPT
> University of Redlands, La Sierra University

Thanks for the reply Bill, would love to hear more about this kinda thing.

Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.
Bergen, Norway
mailto:Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no