Fwd: Steinway

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 06:57:25 -0500

>Hi Wim,
>
>Yeah, I also got this as a private e-mail. Wonder where he's located?
>
>Avery
>
>At 09:48 AM 03/20/01 -0500, you wrote:
>>Anyone out there with a piano for this guy?
>>
>>Willem

>>From: Flyjayboy@cs.com
>>Full-name: Flyjayboy
>>Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 23:42:52 EST
>>Subject: Steinway
>>To: Wimblees@aol.com
>>
>>Dear Sir: I am in the market for a Steinway D. I would like to find one that
>>is in need of minor repairs, around 1940 and up. If you have any information
>>about such an instrument I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you, Jeff
>>Starnes

I think this dude deserves an answer from the far-flung geographical
corners among our list members. Just to remind him that while the
community he has bothered is virtual, the piano he's hoping to buy
and the distance it will have to be shipped is not.

Aint the iNet great? A local youth theater group here in southern
Vermont was looking for a good 45-48" piano to replace the worn yet
solid 50-year-old Gubransen studio upright. I just heard that one of
the parents had just tracked down a used Yamaha U1 (U2?) in PA, flew
down in his private plane to look at it and possibly snap it up
yesterday, in which case he would do a second trip trip with a rented
truck. No word as top whither this is a dealer or private owner, or
the piano is a 3-year-old being liquidated because somebody's stock
portfolio crashed or more likely a 30-year-Old Grey Mare.

Mr. Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"When writing a mental note, first procure a mental piece of paper"
     ............mental graffitti