Not everyone is welcome !

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 09:39:40 EST

In a message dated 3/21/01 8:20:53 AM Central Standard Time,
LHSBAND440@AOL.COM writes:

> >> Anyone* may join PTG.
>>

> This is incorrect

Unless the applicant has been convicted of a crime or has had civil judgments
regarding unethical business practices, PTG would have no legal basis to deny
anyone membership.  Having said that, the unfortunate experience you speak of
is a hold over from the "good ole boy" days.  If that had happened to me, you
can be sure I would have been "in their face" about it to the point that
particular chapter would no longer exist.

Sometimes, an individual does have to confront bigotry and stand up for basic
rights. The fact is that anyone with an avocation or interest in Piano
Technology has the right to join and is welcome to join PTG.  Anyone who is
unfairly denied membership should contact the PTG home office.  They'll send
some carpet baggers down to learn those good ole boys a thing or two.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin