ETD Unisons was something else

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 08:43:53 -0600

Hi Richard,

We were talking about unisons, not octave width. If the Octave is "where"
you want it then I doubt that doing a "cleaner" unison will affect that.

Find a piano with hammers that give a "very" glassy hard sound. I believe
you will discover that for the unison on such an instrument to sound well
it will rest on a "knife" edge. I.E. the least change and the unison is no
longer satisfactory.

Now voice that hammer and the "tolerance" for the "width" of the unison
will be much more forgiving.

Regards,

mailto:drose@dlcwest.com
http://donrose.xoasis.com/