Piano Disk System 128

Robert Goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 21:20:36 -0600

If this is a 128 that is that old then this is the original pre-silent drive
"blue board" system.  I would highly encourage the customer to upgrade to the
new system if they use the player regularly.  This primarily involves changing
out the circuit boards and updating the software.  The improvements in
expression and performance are a thousand percent better.

The player system should have no effect on the feel of the action provided that
it was installed properly.  I would suggest a complete regulation job.  That in
itself will make a world of difference and should make the client happy.  Then
have a certified PDS tech drop the rail cover and do a general going over on the
player system.  I think you will find that it will be a completely different
piano.  As far as the pedal squeak goes this suggests that there could be some
finer details that the installer neglected.  This shouldn't be a big deal to
figure out.  Unless the system is equipped with the record option there are no
components under the keys.  Even if it did, the record system is mounted on the
frame and would not be effected by the shift pedal.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Certified, (and very busy) PDS installer
Las Vegas, NV