Steinway regulation

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 19:05:38 -0500

Hi Ron,

I know, doing it right the first time saves having to wonder, "what if..."

For many years I struggled to get the letoff the way I wanted it.  Finally
I began using magnetic strips of plastic (fridge magnet stuff from craft
stores) I found that carefully controlling the feel of the jack rubbing the
knuckle when the hammer is held against the gauge helped me get that part
under control.

I worked with a friend for a few years who later told me she could not
understand how I got such good regulations until she realized it was all in
the touch.  Interesting how we influence people.

It _is_ touch. it is _all_ touch, and those who use their eyes to the
exclusion of touch will not get the results they expect because the
ultimate measure of an action i how it feels.  Touch!  I really am a touchy
feely kind of guy.

Even after 35 years of capstaning around I have learned several little
tricks fro this thread.

Thank people for forcing an old mutt to change it's weighs.

		Newton