Who's this?

Robert Goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 01:14:22 -0600

I was cruising pianos on e-bay, (rarely any bargains), when I stumbled
across something kind of funny... and almost scary!

See this link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1418492572

There is a Cable-Nelson grand advertised with a QRS system installed.
The seller claims it was "rebuilt by a Registered Piano Technician".
In the picture the piano does looks halfway decent.  But if you look
very closely you can also see a grand action sitting on top of a shelf
in the back ground.  You will also see some little boxes with what
appears to be felt sticking out of them.  Clearly the seller IS the
piano technician.  It also suggests you visit the following page for
additional pics:

http://home.earthlink.net/~chas33/temp/

In one of them you can see another piano as well.  The funny thing is
from this directory you can also go to the parent directory to all kinds
of personal pictures unrelated to pianos.  Seems he/she neglected to
disable the other links.  We get to see a whole personal side of this
tech.  (I particularly like the one with the Scottish kilts!)

So we have a mystery RPT here... okay confess, who is it!!!!

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV