SAT III vs. Reyburn CyberTuner

BobDavis88@AOL.COM BobDavis88@AOL.COM
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 19:01:57 EST

Don Rose writes:

> David Ilvedson wrote:
 >    If you get the ETD first you will never learn to tune without it no
>  > matter what people say about EDTs being great teaching devices.

Having watched several people, inclucing my wife, learn aural tuning in what
I considered a VERY good time by using an ETD, I also disagree. I admit that
none of them lacked self-discipline - they used it as a feedback instrument
rather than a crutch. Anyone who wants to blame the device for their own
improper use of it has that right, but at the sacrifice of a good aid to
speed and quality.

Bob Davis