Charles Frederick Stein pianos

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Sun, 25 Mar 2001 11:32:54 -0800

Dear All,

A woman, whose father worked for his brother C. F. Stein, has asked me
if I know anything about the Stein pianos. She had a few remembrances of
what her father had told her, about the German craftsmen that were
brought over, and the unique soundboards, but wondered what had
ultimately happened to her Uncle Charlie's piano factory since there are
conflicting stories in the family (including the notion that it became
Steinway Pianos!).

I couldn't find anything in my library that could help her. Anyone?

Tom Cole