never say never..kinda long

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Sun, 25 Mar 2001 17:59:11 EST

In a message dated 3/25/01 4:43:58 PM Central Standard Time,
tito@PhilBondi.com (Phil Bondi) writes:

> David...you're kinda wrong..and hopefully, _I_ will prove you wrong this

Phil,

I never thought I'd see the day when I would actually *agree* with something
David I. says but this time I do.  But you're right too, there are always
exceptions to the rule and you are definitely one of them.

You've gone about things in the right way, however.  Most people who start out
with an ETD cling to it so tightly, they can just never really learn to tune
aurally.  It's just too much like letting a kid use a calculator before
he(she) thoroughly learns the addition and multiplication tables.  I've also
seen that you have obtained your information and advice from multiple sources
rather than again clinging to what you first learned and going no further.
That's what PTG is all about.  You need that varied input because you will
allways find contradictory statements and opinions and you will need to sort
out what the truth is according to the circumstances.

I'm sure you'll do well.  If you manage to pass with all scores above 90, the
best thing you can do for yourself will be to then volunteer as an Examiner,
even if you don't want to become certified.  You'll really be on top of
things when you get to that point.  Even if you pass at under that level, you
can still volunteer at future Exams to be one of the other RPT's that is
present.  You learn a lot.  Even as an Associate who is preparing to take the
Exam, you can attend the "Master" or Reference Tuning set up that occurs
prior to the opening of the PTG Annual Convention.  It is a very worthwhile
way to spend your time.  You only need to inquire with the Examiner in charge
at that event.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin