Austrian Keutschera grand

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@imap2.asu.edu
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 10:41:16 -0800 (PST)

This past weekend I was in Oakland area where I saw a grand action that I
could not figure out how to remove for repairs. It was in a Keutschera
Grand. The piano had been refinished and was impeccable in appearance.
The action had rocker arms in place of capstan screws. There was a
strange action where the hammers were pivoted from the back instead of
the front. When looking into the action cavity, the first thing I saw was
a stationary rail holding stationary backchecks to which the hammers would
check. The action was higher than the bottom of the pinblock. I know of
some european actions where a tray must be slid forward and out of the
cavity so that the action and keys can drop down for removal purposes.
This action was not like that. There was no tray

Can someone give me some help on this if you know this particular piano?

Thanks,

Jim Coleman, Sr.