It Doesn't Matter

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 17:21:13 -0600

----------------------------
>Tune the
>piano faculty pianos first, then do the classrooms and any other pianos
>where the
>faculty member is a good pianist or uses the piano alot.
------------------------
 Always wear ear plugs.  If
>a faculty member mentions it, i.e. (alluding or insinuating that you might be
>providing second rate work because of ear plug use),  turn their gossip into
>complaints about the loud acoustics which is destroying every ones hearing.
>Or tell
>'em it's to cut out the noise of that musician next door cause there's no
>soundproofing so you CAN hear.   In other words you must learn to manipulate
>the
>wolves to be your assets rather than enemies.
>For that
>type of person who is always policing others, or looking for some other
persons
>fault, always be ready to divert them to some another area.  Be ready in case
>complaints about the concert piano start.
-----------------------
Manipulating wolves is how you get new pianos and humidity control.
------------------------
 Be "on
---------------------
>9.  Always look like your working.
---------------------------------
 Be careful who you play for though.  If anyone asks, your testing carefully
--------------------
---------------------
>11.  When questioned about your work or ability to tune by some overly
>confident pompous PHD wolf, dazzle them by explaining temperament, and
inharmonicity.
------------------------
--------------------------
---------------------
----------------------
-----------------------
>18.  They should buy all tools.  If you use your own, some jerk might think
>you are
>stealing them when you leave to tune your private pianos.  REMEMBER THAT THE
>APPEARANCE OR WRONG DOING IS JUST AS  DANGEROUS AS THE WRONG DOING, At
least in the university.
---------------------------------
--------------------------------
>Your job is to please the faculty, any way
>possible.   You must please the piano faculty if you are to survive, so you
>do what you have to.
-----------------------------
Those tuning records prove your
-------------------------------
>24.  You remove the mountain of stuff stored on the piano.  Lay it down in
>perfect order so it all goes back in perfect order.  When the faculty member
>apologizes, say,  "no trouble at all, one of my goals is to make it as
easy for you as possible"
>Puff up the pride of faculty whenever possible, It'll do you good.

But no politics.

Ron N