Red Chinese Pianos

joegum joegum@webtv.net
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 00:20:42 -0500 (EST)

<<<<    You drive a car, I assume, and it is a good bet that at
least some of the oil you use came from a country that views women as
property, girl children as expendable and practices slavery....do you
think about this as you drive along the highway?
Jim Bryant (FL)>>>>                                     If you knew me,
you'd know that sometimes I do.
I do acknowledge that the Guild IS the most influential force in the
piano tuning business.  Even us non-members use A440 as our tuning
standard.   There was nothing accusatory in my question  -it's just that
I was curious.....  Maybe even hoping for some "official" standard on
which to compare / contrast / develop my own standards as to how to
handle these issues. The world is getting smaller. The "little guy" will
lose the ability to influence it for good in some ways, but gain
influence in others.  The world (including here at home)  will  continue
to deteriorate if  we simply accept everything.  Where to draw the
line???? I'm not sure;  I was hoping you guys knew.   - Joe G.