Red Chinese Pianos

Mon, 26 Mar 2001 22:24:14 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "joegum" <joegum@webtv.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: March 26, 2001 7:42 PM
Subject: Red Chinese Pianos

> Hello.  If no one minds, I'd like to post a question to the list
> regarding pianos from the PRC.  One hears so many media reports . . . .

I realize it is sacrilegious to question the viability of the media, but --
it has been my observation, over the years, that the so-called '"Western
press' can be just a tiny bit biased in its reporting sometimes.
Fortunately, we always have our governments' own various information
agencies and spokesmen and spokeswomen to set us all straight. And we all
know we can believe everything they tell us, right?

For another view, might I suggest the book, "Culture Shock" by Kevin
Sinclair with Iris Wong Po-yee? (Graphic Arts Center Publishing Company,
Portland, Oregon) You'll probably find it in or near the travel section of
your favorite bookstore. Written by a Western reporter/author who has made
over 100 trips to this country, it will give you a somewhat different
perspective on the news reports and stories about a country that are often
written by reporters and/or commentators who might have been there once. If
at all.

Regards,

ddf