Fw: Rebuilding Candidate

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 17:43:16 -0600

>Thank you, Mr. Roget. How about simply restoration. Actually, I don't care
>what anyone calls it as long as it is what is says it is.

>PR-J

There's the rub. Suppose you intend and expect to remake it structurally,
functionally, musically better than it originally was? "Remanufacturing" is
the more accurate term unless the rebuilder has faithfully reproduced the
original design and production deficiencies, and presuming the
"restoration" bears a precise resemblance to the piano when it was new. So
far, the "rewhatever", and "resomethingorother" factions seem to have the
best grip on this nomenclature thing.

Ron N