Fw: Fw: Rebuilding Candidate

Erwinpiano Erwinpiano@email.msn.com
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 15:34:34 -0800

Hi Paul

 my comments are interspersed below.

----- Original Message -----
From: <Yardarm103669107@AOL.COM>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2001 7:28 PM
Subject: Re: Fw: Rebuilding Candidate

> In a message dated 3/26/2001 7:59:08 PM Central Standard Time,
> Erwinpiano@email.msn.com writes:
>
> <<    Actually the well  re-manufactured piano is worth as much or more
than
> the "new ones " (in my opinion) because of the non assembly line aspect of
> small shop operations,individual pride, attention to details and the
freedom
> to make changes and improvements without the cumbersome bureaucracy of the
> corporate structure.
>
>   Just my two cents worth(Propaganda)
>
>      Dale Erwin
>   >>

> Dale:
> I just couldn't resist responding to this. While I agree wholeheartedly
with
> the sentiment, and with the truth of the value of "real" wood pianos,
cured
> out and stable, and probably better made then than most now, I have two
> observations.

Hey Paul

  I don't like to beat a dead horse but every market is different and also
we to some degree make, shape and cultivate our own personal market niche
just as other product purveyors do.  Advertisement, product features and
good sales techniques all combine to create customer awareness and desire
for those products.  I know I hate that side of it but it's a reality you
can choose to embrace or ignore.

As to the dislike of the term remanufacturing. Here it comes hmmmmm

    Let's see, I built me a new sound board for this here steinway
pianani but soundwoods manufactured the panel and well I rewooded those
bridge top thingees so I guess that was some sort a manuufauxurin type a
proocess an all.  Oh yeah I put me in one a those buolduucy tuunin pin
tightner holders oh shucks ,I forgot again they manufactured that ,I just
put in onand drilled them holes in the right place and hopefully the right
size an all.
    Oh an then thars them new roseland piani keys whee doggggeis the sure
are pretty an I'm sure that was another manufactured wood shaped deevices.
But the hardest part for me was carving all themm little stick doodads that
have those drum sticky lookin piani wire strikers.  Now that was
remanufacturin FOR SURE!!!!!
 i GOT MORE TO SAY LATER.
yA'ALL COME BACK HEAR?

dALE( tHE WOODCHUCK)eRWIN