Pitch Floating in Universities

Wed, 28 Mar 2001 22:19:17 +0200

Michael, Roger

At the University in Bergen, we simply have a window we keep the instruments in.
No lower then 440, no higher then 442. Within that 2 Hz window they float. I try
and have them at 442 well into January before letting them drop a bit. I keep
them down then well into late April before I let them rise again. This, combined
with Damp Chasers on all stationary quality instruments keeps my pitch chasing
game at a minimum.

Like it or not guys and gals, the 440 game is a dead goose. You gotta be able to
change pitch within 4 Hz in a hurry and thats all there is too it. We may not
like it, we may decide to charge them for it... but we gotta be able to do it.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.