Counterbearing angle

Yardarm103669107@AOL.COM Yardarm103669107@AOL.COM
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 15:20:45 EST

In a message dated 3/28/2001 11:08:16 AM Central Standard Time,
Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no writes:

<< In anycase, with mild deflection, short distance between the
 termination and the counterbearing, and this thin and not harder then
neccessary
 termination,,, the termination holds up very well indeed..... in my
experience
 that is...grin. >>

I think we are talking the same language; the only clarification that I would
make is that the clean-up of the capo at manufacture (not always done, even
on the best pianos) takes the surface down marginally to that slighter harder
level. Otherwise, the tone created is a result of a very dirty termination.
PR-J