Red Chinese Pianos

joegum joegum@webtv.net
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 01:03:23 -0500 (EST)

<<<I agree.
If in doubt ask your local consulate (or excnange student) how they
desire to be called.
Otherwise if there is no wish to show respect I wonder why the urge to
show dis-respect is acted on, unless it is out of ignorance. If it is
PRC (People's Republic of China) I think we should find out and
respond/reply/refer to accordingly.   ---ric>>>>   One last thing....
the term "Red China" is also used by those of us who haven't forgotten
about the "other China,"   you now, the one our own country is going to
sell out....TAIWAN.  Some of us still use the term "Red China" to
distinguish between it and the "other China" nobody talks about anymore.
-Joe