Piano Storage - Climate Controlled versus Non Climate Controlled

JCSwafford@AOL.COM JCSwafford@AOL.COM
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 02:03:21 EST

Dear List:

Got a call today from a long time customer moving to Pueblo Colorado from
Dallas Texas with her Yamaha C5 grand. She will need to wait until her house
is built to move the piano in.

She stated that she could not find any climate controlled storage facilities
in Pueblo and is concerned about suffering damage to her piano in an
uncontrolled facility. I think the best thing for her is finding a climate
controlled facility - I can't believe there are none. Any technicians in
Pueblo that know of one?

I mentioned that going to a damp environment to a dry one or visa versa will
increase the possibility for certain damages, but many people store pianos on
even a long term basis and find their pianos suffer no damage.

I told her I would consult the list to get some feedback for her. I might
also put her in touch with technicians in Pueblo, but she has already
contacted a technician there that will store her piano his uncontrolled
garage and she doesn't want that.

I don't know why she can't just move the piano into her temporary living
place for the time being.

Thanks for your comments.

Joel Swafford, RPT