Piano Storage - Climate Controlled versus Non Climate Controlled

Phil Bondi tito@PhilBondi.com
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 06:56:08 -0500

Joel, I see alot of this where I live..people waiting for their place to be
built and all their worldy possessions in storage..I have never come across
one that _wasn't_  stored in a climate controlled unit.

A Yamaha C5 is most worthy of the extra $$ spent to put it in climate
control. I find it hard to believe that one can not be found either, since
this type of storage is more expensive per square ft. than uncontrolled
storage.

Maybe she can store it in Dallas and have it shipped when her home is built?
.. again, more $$.

Joel, the most common problem I see with this type of arrangement(storage
for an extended period) is with damper guide rail bushings..and I see
nothing but climate-controlled storage, or so they say, anyway.

She may also want to invest in a complete DC system once the piano is set up
in Pueblo..the change in environment is pretty much night and day from
Dallas..

roo(k)