Ideal leading pattern:

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 00:46:29 -0600

>Putting less lead further out will result in more
> inertia than more lead closer in........

I thought more mass meant more inertia.  Perhaps I lost the meaning of
the terms.  Inertia is the "force" needed to move (or change the
motion of) a body?   Momentum is the force of a body  in motion?
You can balance a lever (Key) with one weight near the end, or with 4
weights near the fulcrum.  Both are in balance but one with 4 times
the mass.   Wouldn't the one with more mass require more force to move
it? As piano keys, both would still have the same down weight, but one
would feel harder to press.  That would be the key with more mass in
it, right?    ---ric?