Ideal leading pattern: more questions

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 00:29:14 -0600

>all.  The best solution short of that, to my thinking, is to go to a spring
>assisted whippen to at least allow me to remove as much lead as possible.  I
>haven't yet tested that idea.  Any comments?
>
>David Love

Hi Dave,
             This would be my choice,  I have just complete a redesign of the
Samick made Wurlitzer actions.
I opted to use the wip assist spings to support between 15 to 20gms of DW.
With
a CNC weight off using only 2 leads in the bass .  The field trials have been
very positive.
The feed back from performers, roughly translated, is that the inertia is less
noticable, yet secure control on ppp. Side by side comparisons was done with
well regulated Yamaha C1 and C2.
I opted for 2gms higher DW across the board. Comments like it feels more
positive, certainly has made me rethink the value of assist springs when
correctly used.
They also a great tool to hide some of the discrepency"s of friction and mass.
Regards Roger