Danger: customer moving piano

Brian Lawson lawsonic@global.co.za
Tue, 1 May 2001 12:45:14 +0200

Hi, I went to see a "customer" today, the call was that the piano got
damaged in a move. Well, I got there and in his garage was the (vertical)
piano, in the back of his truck - IN PIECES.

He has secured it with nylon rope, he came around a corner and the "ropes"
gave way and it fell out of the back of the truck (pick-up type) slowed down
by the rope it landed on its top. The sides and pedal board came away as one
U shaped piece and other bits fell off at same time of impact.
Unfortuanately the plate is cracked otherwise I might have given him a
serious quote, I was really trying to refrain from busrting out in laughter
as he told me the story.

So, as it is already "packed" in his truck he will bring it around tomorrow
and I guess I'll have a few more spare action parts. I think I'll attempt
making one of those computer cabinets with it, as shown in last May's
Journal.

Ho humm....... :)

Brian Lawson, RPT
Johannesburg, South Africa