Danger: customer moving piano

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 1 May 2001 18:08:33 -0400

You bet Jon! I have done some of the same things. I have been saving the =
balance rail from an old Betsy Ross spinet - I knew it would come in =
handy for something. Now I know what! "The balance rail is good to affix =
to the wall for a tool rack." I'll install mine soon! Thanks for the =
suggestion!

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service
Tampa, Florida
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Jon Page=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2001 8:32 AM
  Subject: Re: Danger: customer moving piano

  I had someone rent a studio upright which I had for sale. They wanted =
to save money
  and move it themselves. Same thing  :-)   They said they were awful =
sorry and was
  there anything they could do.  I said, "Yeah, You can buy it".  "That =
thing's not worth
  $800, they said.   I said,  "Yeah, Not now..."

  Cut plugs from the keys for releading and capstan relocation. Remove =
the letoff rail
  and remove all the letoff screws, drill out the holes a little larger; =
now you have a great
  grand damper holder.

  The balance rail is good to affix to the wall for a tool rack.  The =
keybed is a good work surface
  for grand action work on top of a piano (padded piano) .  The lid is a =
shelf, so could be the lower
  panel but it is a good work surface to hold a set of keys.  The music =
rest rail is good for holding
  hammers, wippens.

  All sorts of good items in there.

  Jon Page