M&H console/damper spoon problem

Ritchiepiano@AOL.COM Ritchiepiano@AOL.COM
Wed, 2 May 2001 19:54:23 EDT

I  just did one of these today, better look at the "felt"
on the damper lifter, it is not woven cloth and the spoons
had all but eaten it away.

Mark Ritchie

In a message dated 5/2/01 9:14:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Tvak@AOL.COM
writes:

<<  Tvak@AOL.COM >>

We recently got a used Model 50 Mason & Hamlin console in the store, and it
was my job to regulate and prep it for sale.  I found the action to play
quite heavily, and so I polished the capstans, sprayed the key pins with
teflon spray, used CLP on the action centers but found little or no
improvement.  Next I checked the dampers and found that they lifted almost
immediately when the key was depressed. (The impact of early lifting dampers
on touchweight is, BTW, something I learned about here on the list---thank
you!)