Yamaha S6

Tom Servinsky tompiano@gate.net
Thu, 3 May 2001 12:56:06 -0400

Hi
I just tuned a Yamaha S6 for a concert recently.  What a piano!   I =
perceived this as a cross between a Steinway and Boesendorfer.  The =
clarity of the Boesendorfer and the sustain of a Steinway.  What was =
even more impressive was the bass.  Probably the musically sounding bass =
anyone could have asked for.
The piano was used for a piano concerto with orchestra ( big romantic =
piece) and the dynamic range was to die for. =20
So for you Yamaha doubters out there, Yamaha can play with the big boys =
when they want to.  I think I was told the price tag was in the 60K =
range.
Tom Servinsky
Pianocraft of the Treasure Coast
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Paul=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2001 9:08 AM
  Subject: Yamaha S6

  List

  I tuned a Yamaha S6 today. I've never seen one before and was =
impressed with its clarity especially in the upper octaves. The bicord =
section seemed a bit thin, and left me as well as the owner wanting more =
to balance this section with the rest of the piano. Is this just a =
voicing situation with this model or do they tend to be a little thin in =
this section? Not knowing the model, I hesitated to do any more than =
tune. The client is well pleased with the instrument, but he brought =
this area to my attention and I agreed with his evaluation of the tone. =
Any one out there work on these?

  Paul Chick