RC PB laminations

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Thu, 03 May 2001 23:58:29 -0500

Noticing that Terry Farrell called the 9 ply Schaff pinblock rotary cut and
got away with it (way to go Terry), I have an appropriate observation made
fresh this afternoon.

Tuning a Conn console (A051C9744), I took a look at the pinblock and found
a 9 ply ROTARY cut block. No mistake, it is clearly rotary cut stock.
Laminations were about 3mm each, and pin torque was a little on the high
side and quite uniform throughout. Old biases and performance evidence
toward quarter cut solid stock for thick ply pinblocks and bridge capping
seem less valid every day in close laminated stock for the same uses. The
boil test can go fish.

Truths change on you when you aren't looking.

Ron N