yellow ivories

Rogério Cunha rogeriocunha@ajato.com.br
Sun, 6 May 2001 12:10:16 -0300

Tom

I live in a tropical country and in a very hot city: Rio de Janeiro
In any season, there are sunny days so the problem can be solved.
Normally first we scrape the keys and after we put in they to get hot and
then, we use hydrogenperoksyd (10 %) to make them white
We may to find it in beauty supply shops.
If it is very sunny,  then the keys will be ready in  half an hour. If after
the process, some keys still remain yellow, are some still yellow then you
may add more H2O2 to solve the problem
If the ivory is very thin, then a more diluted solution of H2O2 must be
used.
By making sure that the keys are properly scraped, you will ensure good
result with smaller amount of H2O2 even if the is not very sunny.

Rogerio Cunha
IC Member of The Piano Technicians Guild
http://hpp.ajato.com.br/rogeriocunha