rotary revisited

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Tue, 08 May 2001 18:03:00 -0500

Ok, now I've got it.

When I pulled my old shop made guillotine down off of the shelf, I noticed
the laminations in the old Schaff pinblock material it's made from. It's
rotary cut. Going back to the plank I use as a drilling platform, looked at
a while back and thought it was quarter cut, I looked again and found it
does indeed appear to be rotary cut too. The radial splits from the peeling
fooled me last time. This time I dampened it enough to be sure, and it is
absolutely not quarter cut - for sure. Now these samples are at least 15
year old material, so the product could have changed by now. Would someone
who uses these blocks take a close look at some more recent stock and let
me know please?

Ron N