Continued dismantling of Baldwin

Robert Goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Tue, 08 May 2001 23:41:34 -0500

Baldwin continues to be dismantled piece by piece, having already sold
many of it's most valuable assets.  I just got my May issue of the Music
Trades.  One of the headlines:  "Biasco Buys Baldwin Company Stores".

In part it reads:
"Biasco Musical Instruments has purchased eleven Baldwin factory owned
retail stores for approximately $4.6 Million.  The stores are located in
Cincinnati, Atlanta, Indianapolis, Louisville, and Lexington.  The sale
includes all retail piano inventories, lease obligations, and a lease of
a company owned retail store in Atlanta."

The "Bitch of Baldwin" AKA Karen Hendrics quotes in part:
"This sale is part of our plan to de-leverage Baldwin's balance sheet
and restore the company to profitability."

I guess they figure if they sell everything they won't have anything
left to worry about.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV