scaling question

Allan L. Gilreath, RPT agilreath@mindspring.com
Wed, 9 May 2001 12:25:40 -0400

Gosh Newton, if I didn't know you better I might have assumed you were
calling me ignorant for asking the question or telling me to find someone
reasonably intelligent to rescale it for me.  This is actually turning into
a pretty interesting line of inquiry.  If anyone is interested, I'll be glad
to share my results from research and experimentation when I finish
rescaling and restringing this one.

I keep telling folks in our chapter (especially the quiet ones) to speak up
since the only stupid question is the one that isn't asked.  However, when
the same question is asked multiple times it does get a little old. (That's
why I checked the archives without finding anything before asking.)

In short, this seems to have been an attempt to control longitudinal
vibration in the speaking length, but more on that later.

Also an apology, I accidentally threw in the word "rational" without the
final "e" in my first post.  Too much proofreading has made me aware of what
we leave for posterity!

Allan
Allan L. Gilreath, RPT
Assistant Director - TEAM2001
July 11-15, 2001 - Reno, NV
agilreath@mindspring.com
http://www.ptg.org/conv.htm
Director: Laura Olsen, RPT
Assistant Directors: Allan Gilreath, RPT - Gary Neie, RPT - Dale Probst, RPT