TP bushings: was pinblock hole alignment

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 10 May 2001 09:42:18 EDT

trouts_place@hotmail.com writes:

> No doubt it's rather fool proof drilling in the piano.  But I've never had a
> problem drilling outside of the piano.  I would suppose the key is making
> good marks and following them.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Brian Trout

I have always drilled the block out side the piano, and have never had a
problem. As Brian said, if the block is tight against the plate, there is no
way it can be wrong.

Perhaps the problem some other have is when they put the block in the piano,
and then put the plate in. When doing that, before attaching the block to the
piano, the block needs to be attached to the plate. Then I make sure the
plate is in the correct position. As part of this process I put a slow drying
epoxy glue on the rim where the block sits. When I am sure the plate, with
the block attached, is in the right place, I clamp the plate to the piano.
After the epoxy has set up, usually overnight. I remove the plate and screw
the block to the piano.

Willem