TP bushings: was pinblock hole alignment

Brian Trout trouts_place@hotmail.com
Fri, 11 May 2001 08:12:59 -0400

Hi Mitch,

I might suggest to you that the tuning pin bushings will help significantly
with "flagpoling".  In my opinion, pianos with tuning pin bushings tend to
be easier to tune than would the exact same piano without the bushings.

That being said, pianos without them are not really a problem most of the
time, at least not because of the lack of those little tuning pin bushings.
The real 'bears' to tune would no doubt be just as nasty with tuning pin
bushings.

I have enjoyed this thread, although I have noticed it can be a subject that
gets exagerated a bit in it's overall importance and effect.  (...as in
making a mountain out of a mole hill...)

Just my opinion.  Others probably disagree, and that's ok.

Take care,

Brian Trout
Slidell, LA
trouts_place@hotmail.com