Chickering Quarter Grand

Paul tunenbww@clear.lakes.com
Fri, 11 May 2001 07:10:02 -0500

Jack
I did two of the "121" Chickering's back to back. Very demanding, but =
the results were sweet. I don't recommend these to a novice.

Paul Chick
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: JWyatt1492@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2001 9:51 AM
  Subject: Re: Chickering Quarter Grand

  Hello Pat.=20

    There are  TWO  "Quarter Grand" Chickering.=20
  One is a 5'' 8'' with very thin cheek blocks.=20
  this is the  "121" scale "Quarter Grand".=20
  it has  9 single bass strings and 10 double unison=20
  bass strings. Also has 6 triple unisons of  wound=20
  strings in center section.  The 121 is a very=20
  unforgiving piano and very unpredictable.=20
    As a note of interest, the "Starr" Piano Co. built=20
  an exact copy of  the "121".  It was not a good=20
  piano either    =20
     The "135"  scale "Quarter Grand" is a  5"3'  this=20
  is a good quality and very forgiving piano.=20

   Regards,=20
   Jack Wyatt=20