Ditch the tuning pin bushings

Richard Brekne rbrekne@broadpark.no
Sat, 12 May 2001 19:28:28 +0200

Joseph Garrett wrote:

> Richard,
> That is somewhat how I did it, but the epoxy is not needed, IMHO.
> Joe Garrett

You may be right there... but one of the things I like least about plate
bushings is their tendency to work there way loose. Many techs just turn back a
pin 4 full turns when changing a string... not a good idea in my book but thats
another story.... in anycase you see these bushings turning out and following
the pin..and you see the results of somebody trying to mash the darn things back
into the plate with a screwdriver or some other ....grin .... "perfectly
appropriate tool".

The epoxy is  supposed to solve that kinda thing.

Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.
Bergen, Norway
mailto:rbrekne@broadpark.no