FWD: Sharp organ

Dave Doremus algiers_piano@bellsouth.net
Sat, 12 May 2001 12:29:37 -0500

At 8:10 AM -0700 5/12/01, Jeannie Grassi wrote:
>List,
>Anyone care to share your opinion with Greg?
>

>I just had an experience with a pipe
>organ which was recently tuned.  The pitch was just
>above A-443.

IMHO you have to explain to the church that you'll have to tune every
time the temperature changes. I've seen organs swing from 10 c sharp
to 20 c flat in a week and trying to get a piano to follow is just
madness. Dont blame the organ tuner, he has to work at a certain
temperature and unless you can maintain the climate youre lost. I
have one church that likes piano/organ duets and they keep the a/c on
all week when preparing and hang the expense. Without that its a
waste of time.
--
Dave

Dave Doremus RPT