FWD: Sharp organ

David M. Porritt dporritt@swbell.net
Sat, 12 May 2001 13:29:07 -0500

Greg:

I tune a piano here that is in a church with a pipe organ and their
"tuners" leave it in a mess.  I've found some ranks close to pitch, and
others 18-cents sharp (445).  First make sure the organ agrees with itself,
then match as well as you can.  443 is certainly not dangerously high.
It's used in lots of places.  Do tell them that the pitch raise cost and
any string breaking costs are theirs.

dave