Fw: Ditch the tuning pin bushings/revisited

Erwinpiano Erwinpiano@email.msn.com
Sat, 12 May 2001 12:30:21 -0700

   David and list

      all your questions are good ones and since I started the ditch the =
bushings campaign allow me to interject one potent argument and or bias.
   Any tuner that has ever tuned a good original 20's stwy or other well =
fit piano  has found that they tune remarkably  well  and flaggpoling is =
essentially a none issue.  The pins render as better or at least as =
easily as any bushing fit block and the pins are not leaning against the =
plate(even  after all these years) because of a good tight plate =
flange/block fit and this is a piano system that has endured for how =
many years?
  It seems to me that any piano that has a a good block to plate flange =
fit ( and 40 screws)should be able to duplicate the stable and tunable =
Steinway style system.=20
    As others have said one of the advantages to bushing is a =
dust/liquid barrier. I like Willis Snyder's idea of some form of wood =
colored plastic insert for those of us who might need that for school =
church or bar applications.
  I  addressed the issue of directional force in my first post on the =
subject.

      Dale Erwin

----- Original Message -----=20