Finding the right lid prop

Sat, 12 May 2001 22:02:06 -0400

On Sat, 12 May 2001 18:45:57 -0400 Clyde Hollinger <cedel@supernet.com>
writes:
> Mark,
>
> The short prop couldn't be more than about 3/8" thick, and that
> would look strange.

Agreed.

>Would it be too risky to remove the rosette completely and
> just make a dimple in the lid for the prop to fit into?  That might
work.

It sounded to me as if you had indicated the rosette had been added on.
If so, there possibly was an indentation in the lid to accept the prop
originally, most likely underneath the rosette?  Does the rosette screw
onto the lid with a single screw, or did the guy "screw you" and glue it
on? :)  I would certainly pursue the idea of removing the rosette,
(unless it was epoxied on!),  because it would seem to be a big limiting
factor whatever prop combination you would end up choosing.

Another thought.... is it possible that you could provide more depth in
the "indentation" present in the long prop so that the new short prop
would "nest in" further?  Time for a little router work?

Just another possibility....

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com